Saturday, January 12, 2013

I'd Be Willing To Sell an Organ If...

Feeling helpless as a parent seriously sucks.  I personally think it sucks more as a bonus parent as I personally feel like the pressure is always on to do and be as perfect as possible all the time and always be proving my "parental"-ness if you will.  Tonight that's just not working out for me.  More than that, it's not working out for kiddo #2.

Kiddo #2 is sick :(. By far the hardest thing about being a mom since I have started this bonus mom adventure has been having sick kids. All I want to do is to make it go away for them. When they are sick, or hurt, something inside of me is breaking in a way that I can't possibly explain. It's the most awful thing-- ever. Parents get this, I know that. I didn't understand it until I became a parent. Sure, I empathized with people and children before that! But this, lordy, this is totally different. There are moments when kiddo #2 is throwing up that I"d sell my organs if it meant she felt better and it would stop what she was experiencing and feeling at that instant, right then, right there.


Poor kiddo... I hope she feels better soon. There is only so much tummy tea I can make and so many times I can say "is there anything else I can do for you?"  Bowls, blankets, pillows, fan on, fan off.  My skills seem pretty limited right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment